We work hard to include as much as possible within the tuition fees and to keep extras to a minimum.
Lunch, text books, compulsory trips and a wide range of activities are included in the fees. Some activities, however, are charged as ‘extras’. As a guide, termly extras can average £250. However, it is possible to limit extra charges to much lower amounts if you wish to. In charging extras, the guidance to teachers and others is that items or activities costing up to £20 can be added as an extra, but that prior parental agreement must be given to charges over £20.
Below are examples of other activities or items that the school may charge as extras:
- Art and Design Technology materials (non-standard only)
- Home Economics ingredients
- Careers courses, registration, university visits
- Extra tuition including Music and Drama
- Health Centre transport charges
- House – hoodies and damages
- Library photocopying, fines and replacement costs
- Newspapers and magazines
- Physiotherapy charges
- Sports charges, lessons e.g. fencing
- Theatre trips (optional trips only are charged)
- External examination fees